12 Mar 2008


Preliminary Plague Pencils
For those of you who I curious about the process behind producing finished cartoon artwork, I thought i'd include a before/after post about the various stages I go through for each page of a graphic novel story.

First up are the pencils - I usually work loosely in hard (3H-ish) 0.5 mechanical pencil, putting in finer detail with a 0.3 lead.

This is from a class exercise we just did on splash pages, where we were given an hour to come up with something from scratch. Bit of a tall order, but I'm happy with what I came up with.

As a spring break treat, the legendary Steve Bissette will be inking over the top of them to show us how it's done. I'll post my inked version tomorrow and we'll be able to compare our different styles.

1 comment:

Poker Sign Up said...

This information is not true